Saturday, September 03, 2005

China pledges $5 million

Caption: A banquet to mark the 60th anniversary of Japan's World War Two defeat is held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing September 3, 2005. China has offered $5 million in aid for victims of Hurricane Katrina ahead of President Hu Jintao's U.S. visit, the official Xinhua news agency said on Saturday. REUTERS/Takanori Sekine/Pool

Above is for people who will whine that other nations didn't help us in our time of need!

I've also heard of many other nations offering money and aid. I'll post when I find a direct reference if I have time. (I've actually seen reports, but don't have them at hand right now.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Terrible said...

I can't remember where now but I saw a list of a large group of nations that had pledged aid through the UN. I've also heard that Bush is refusing most aid. I'm not sure about that part yet though.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link